Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Days 14-16 (a.k.a Whoops!)

Reflective Teaching 30 Day Challenge

So, I haven't blogged since Saturday.  It's time to remedy this!
 
Day 14
What is feedback for learning, and how well do you give it to students?

Feedback for learning or as we often call it,"assessment for learning," is when we engage with students during the course of their learning and can discuss understandings/problems/questions/concerns, etc.  It's helpful for us as educators to observe and engage in the learning process right along with our students, and helpful for our students to get that feedback during their learning rather than afterwards.  I think I do this quite well, as I really enjoy discussing understandings and comprehension with my kids - they always have questions that I haven't anticipated, which is awesome!

Day 15
Name three strengths you have as an educator.

Three of my strengths as an educator is that I am very organized, I'm good at breaking down concepts and figuring out the puzzles/tricks of understanding, and I value student input and choice.  I really want kids to have a say in their education, and I really want them to learn to think rather than just memorize, so we spend a lot of time learning how to do proper, effective internet searches and how to ask good (non-googleable) questions!

Day 16
If you could have one superpower to use in the classroom, what would it be and how would it help?

This is a great question - telepathy comes to mind so I could understand what kids were thinking or wondering when they don't always put it into words, but that might be too much information at most times!  So, with that in mind (ha ha ha - pun alert), the superpower that could be most useful could be something like germ deflection so I never get sick or perhaps a photographic memory so I could remember everything that kids do or say during a day and whatever needs to be done next!  There are probably lots of other things that would be useful, but I'm tired and not really up to thinking outside of the box at the moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment