Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 10 - Randoms!

Day 10 of the Reflective Teaching 30 Day Blogging Challenge

Share five random facts about yourself.
I have twin brothers.
At 5'6", I'm the shortest person in my family. 
I'm a fast reader - about 600 words per minute.
When I was an Environmental Educator, the job included a monthly radio show on the local university station. 
My husband and I met on a blind date.

Share four things from your bucket list.
Become bilingual in French.
Take a leisurely tour through Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England (visiting Skara Brae, Hadrian's Wall and Stonehenge along the way)
Visit Pompeii.
Get a PhD.
Write a book.

Share three things that you hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator.
I hope to have a successful year at school - both with my new class/team partner and with my many projects.
I hope that our school continues to have an amazing sense of community as we grow to a second site.
I hope that my son has a great year in Grade 1!
 
Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
I love my awesome, amazing, crazy, kooky, hilarious students.  I laughed (and cried) when my students collaborated with admin to help surprise me when I was awarded the BP A+ for Energy Award.  I cried when the mother of one of my students was diagnosed with cancer (I'm happy to say that she's doing very well now!).

Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.
I love to teach math.  I love working to help kids understand and love math, and I very seriously considered taking an MEd in Math at the U of C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment