Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 8 - Teacher Desk Drawers!

Day 8 of the Reflective Teaching 30 Day Blogging Challenge

What’s in your desk drawer, and what can you infer from those contents?

I mentioned in an earlier blog post that I no longer have a teacher desk due to a few reasons, primarily that I am now in a Montessori classroom that does not have teacher designated space and that I teach at a school that has replaced standard teacher desks with tables (usually horseshoe or kidney shaped) so that we have an extra place for kids to work.

The last time that I had a desk, two years ago, my desk drawer contents contained a lot of snacks, a water bottle, things like Tylenol, Cold & Sinus medication (I started getting sinus infections when I became a teacher), lip balm, hand lotion, a label maker, post it notes, super size variety package of Sharpies, and an extra pair of shoes. 

What I infer from those contents is that I was (and am) trying my very best to give my best to my kids and my school every day.  That I don't like to take a sick day, and I know that I work long days on my feet, so an extra pair of shoes is a must!  In addition to getting sick sometimes and denying it, I also get super dry skin from the combination of the province I live in, the weather, and our air systems, so I moisturize whenever I can remember - and I try to drink a lot of water.

I'm also super organized and I need my label maker, post it notes, and super size Sharpie pack to keep myself that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment