Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 2 - Ed Tech

Day 2 of the Reflective Teaching 30 Day Challenge

Writing Prompt: Write about one piece of technology that you would like to try this year, and why. You might also write about what you’re hoping to see out of this edtech integration.

 Today was the first day of school for us here in Calgary, and at this point, edtech is on the back burner for a little bit....I've spent some time working on some ideas for this this summer, but I'm not sure which ones we'll end up using.

I've thought about using Edmodo - I signed up for this a few years ago, set up a class once or twice, but never found the time or right situation to use it, but I think I will try to use it this year starting with Global Read Aloud (October and November) for discussions about the book, then see where we go with it after that. 

I found out about Aurasma a few years ago while at a conference called ConnectEd Canada, which is now called Innovate West.  This is a cool virtual reality app that you can use to make interactive posters, bulletin boards, etc. For example, when people use the app to view the poster/board, different linked up spots might spark a song to play, a video to play, etc.  It was fascinating back in 2012, and it's fascinating now.  I want to play around with it more and the small group of Grade 6s I'm teaching this year might be the perfect group to try it out with!  I'm curious to see what they could use it for, and I'm curious to see how they might animate a story, narrate a newspaper article, etc.  Could be super cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment