Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Week of School = Complete!

I've recently begun reading an excellent teacher blog written by my friend Shivonne, and I'm going to take a cue from her.  I'm going to start blogging more often, and if those are shorter posts, at least I'm posting! 

My new class of grade 4 students and I had a great first week of school and I'm excited to dig in to some great inquiry learning as we get to know each other better.  We spent some time working on community building and making good choices.  We've read some great books, including my absolute favourite The Three Questions by Jon J Muth, inspired by Leo Tolstoy.  We also talked about how "Fair isn't always equal" and we watched the classic video Animal School by Raising Small Souls. 

Looking forward to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment