Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Professional Development Keeps Things Going

I am a self-confessed super duper fan of Professional Development (PD).  It keeps me fresh, focused, reflective and continually engaged in improving my teaching practice.

Yesterday, as I reflected upon PD that I have undertaken since January, I realized that this has been a wonderfully full year for me in terms of PD.  I am delighted with the conferences and courses that I have chosen and am looking forward to two more.

I thought I'd take a moment to reflect on my year's PD in preparation for my year-end Teacher Professional Growth Plan (TPGP) review and wrap up.

This year, I have attended:

The Southern Alberta Professional Development Consortium (SAPDC) Digital Citizenship Symposium   with guest speakers Dr. Alec Couros and Dr. Maurice Hollingsworth, October 2012

  • This was a wonderful day of introspection, discussion and debate about the idea and meaning of digital citizenship.  It gave me a great understanding of the central meaning of the digital world for my students as they continue to grow and engage in this world.  It also helped me to understand the responsibility that I have as a teacher to ensure that my students engage in the world with good character and conscience, whether digital or "real."
Staff Development for Educators Differentiated Instruction Conference, January 2013

Foothills Academy Learning Disabilities E-Course, January to March 2013

Math Connects Conference, University of Calgary, February 2013

I am looking forward to attending:

#EdcampYYC, April 2013

ConnectEd Canada, May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment