Saturday, June 30, 2012

Last Days of School

Our last official day of school was on Thursday.  We spent an organizational day at school yesterday, discussing calendar dates for the fall, classroom moves and clean ups, etc.  I still can't believe it's over, already.  Where did the year go?

I am so incredibly blessed to be an educator, fully immersed in a career that I love.  The last week of school was filled with fun, laughter, and creativity.  My kids, who will always be "my kids" in some way, spent Wednesday afternoon building and testing Rube Goldberg machines.  It was a spur of the moment thing, borne out from a science review that included Simple Machines (Wheels & Levers here in Alberta) and with a trip the Science Supply Room and a few other classrooms for supplies, we suddenly had an amazingly creative and educational activity.

We ended on a high note, with sundaes brought in a thoughtful parent, and gifts given on both sides.  It was a wonderful way to end an absolutely amazing first year of teaching.

I am completely exhausted but also exhilarated.  I know I need to take a break, but I just want to get to work on next year!

Happy Summer, everyone :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment